Clerical/Paraprofessional Substitute Orientation Sessions
To substitute as a Clerical/Paraprofessional substitute in the District, we require you to attend an orientation meeting. An on-line application must be completed and submitted prior to your scheduled orientation session. Future orientation meetings may be scheduled this fall. Please return to this website for additional information and dates.
Orientation meetings are held at our district office unless otherwise noted above: 3455 153rd Street W., Rosemount, MN 55068
District 196 has a need for several clerical substitutes who meet the following requirements:
- Should be available Monday through Friday most weeks from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Should be willing to work across the District at all schools of at least two levels (elementary, middle school, or high school).
- Should be willing and able to work as a special education paraprofessional.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical (paid for by the District).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check (paid for by the applicant).
- Must bring a Personal Care Assistant Certificate of Training (Directions below)
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please register online.
You DO NOT need to attend an orientation session if you have subbed in District 196 during the past school year.
What you need to bring with you to orientation meetings:
- 2 valid forms of ID – driver’s license, social security card, certified birth certificate, passport or other acceptable documents per the Federal I-9 Form. (Will not accept expired documents.)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (cash or check)
- Copy of your completed and submitted online application including references (Your application will be available for you to print after you apply for a job online.)
- Direct deposit information –either a voided check or savings routing and account information
- The Department of Human Services (DHS) is requiring all school employees who provide personal care services to students to be a Certified Personal Care Attendant (PCA). DHS provides free online training that you may choose to complete, followed by the test. After passing the test you will then receive a “Certificate of Training.” You will be required to submit a copy of your certificate in order to be eligible for employment as a clerical/paraprofessional substitute. You may not provide personal care services for every student but having the certificate allows the district more flexibility when assigning you duties as a paraprofessional substitute. At this time, it is only required that you take and pass it one time. The link to the test is attached below. The test will consist of 25 questions and you may get repeat questions. A score of 20 correct answers is needed to pass the test. You can retake it as many times as necessary to pass. Again, there is no charge to obtain this certificate. Please complete the test, print the Certificate of Training and submit it at the Substitute Para/Clerk Orientation. Please click the following link to access the DHS website: http://registrations.dhs.state.mn.us/videoConf/Default.aspx?BusinessUnitID=16 .