Fee For Service Transportation Option
Parents/guardians applying for the transportation fee-for-service option must register each child receiving transportation services. Registration may be submitted in the following ways:
Fee For Service school year rates
$275 per student
$550 max per family
$138 per student eligible for reduced-price school meals
$276 max per family eligible for reduced-price school meals
$69 per student eligible for free school meals
$138 max per family eligible for free school meals
- Q. What is Fee For Service Transportation Option?
- In the 2010-11 school year, the district began off ering a fee-for-service
option for students who are not eligible for transportation based on
the service areas defi ned in Policy 707. A map showing transportation
service areas for all District 196 schools is available at www.district196.org/
- Q. Who is eligible for Fee For Service Transportation Option?
The district’s Fee-For-Service Transportation Option is available to:
- students living within the walking area of their attendance area school and
- elementary school students attending a daycare located within the walking area of the school.
The Fee-For-Service Transportation Option is not available to:
- intradistrict transfer students or
- open-enrolled (interdistrict transfer) student
Students who live within the walking area of their attendance area school in areas that are designated by the district as hazardous (Administrative Regulation 707.2AR) will continue to receive transportation at no charge.
- Q. What if my child has different pick-up and drop-off addresses?
- Parents may designate diff erent pick-up and drop-off sites for their child.
The fee-for-service charge will apply if one of the locations is outside the
transportation service area.
- Q. Can I pay a partial fee if my child does not ride all the time?
- Students enrolled in the fee-for-service transportation option must pay
the full amount no matter how frequently they use the service. Once
a seat is reserved for a student our costs remain the same for the bus
service whether or not the student is on the bus.
- Q. How will my child’s bus stop be determined?
- Bus stops will be placed in accordance with information listed on page 5
of this brochure. Students may have to walk up to three city blocks to
reach their bus stop.
- Q. Does my child need a bus pass?
- Yes. Anyone requesting fee-for-service transportation must complete
and submit an application form with the fee. Students enrolled in the
fee-for-service option will receive a postcard in August with the bus
number, stop location and pick-up and drop-off times. The driver will have a student roster which lists your child's name as an eligible rider.
- Q. Can I cancel fee-for-service busing and receive a refund?
- No refunds will be provided.
- Q. How do I sign up for the fee-for-service transportation option?
- To take advantage of the fee-for-service transportation option, you
must apply by (1) using the district’s online registration system and your
credit card, or (2) printing a paper registration form and submitting the
completed form, along with a check or cash for the appropriate amount,
to: District 196 Transportation Offi ce, 15180 Canada Avenue, Rosemount,