Enrolling your child Employment Maps and Directories
Search Website
Separation Line
Kindergarten Home
Separation Line
Magnet Schools
Separation Line
Kindergarten Registration
Separation Line
Contact Us
Separation Line
Separation Line
Separation Line

What are some frequently asked questions?


What are the procedures for visiting my child at school?

You are welcome to visit at any time. Please contact your child’s teacher for visiting/volunteering times. If you would like to volunteer but are unable to come to school, there are also ways that you can help at home. Because we are a safe school, we ask that you stop in the office each time you visit your child. We will ask you to sign in as a visitor and put on a name tag.

When will we find out the bus stop location and the bus pick-up and drop-off times?

The Transportation Department will send you information in mid-August. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please call Transportation at 651-423-7685. Buses often run late the first two weeks of school, so please be patient!

How do I know if my child is eligible for transportation?

Any elementary student (K-5) who lives 1 mile or more from school (as measured by the Transportation Department) is eligible to ride the bus to school. Please refer to the district’s website www.district196.org and choose Student Services and click on Transportation.

What if my child is in child care?

Fill out the district child care transportation form available from the school office.

What is my emergency card used for?

If your child is sick or injured in school, it is imperative we have current contact information in order to reach you in a timely manner. Your emergency information will be kept confidential.

What do I need to know about breakfast/lunch?

Your child will receive a PIN number from their teacher which they will use each day for breakfast/lunch. You may deposit money into your child’s account in two different ways: go to your school’s website and click on FeePay or send a check or cash to school with your child’s name and PIN number clearly labeled.

Can I come to school and have lunch with my child?

Yes, we encourage you to come and have lunch with your child. You must stop by the office first, sign in and get a visitor name tag. Please contact your child’s teacher for lunch times.

What should I do if my child is late to school?

If your child is late, you must walk them in to the school office and sign them in.

How do I dress my child for school?

Tennis shoes are encouraged for everyday wear. We do many movement activities in the classroom and use the playground in the fall and spring. All students are required to wear tennis shoes in gym. We also encourage kids to wear comfortable clothes and dress in layers to adjust for the temperature. When winter arrives, they must have appropriate clothes for recess, including a coat, snow-pants, boots, hat and mittens. They will go outside for recess every day unless the temperature/wind chill is below zero. Please make sure all clothing is labeled with their first and last name.

It’s my child’s birthday! How do you celebrate?

Classroom teachers will recognize students in special ways on their birthday or special occasions. Children may not bring food or gifts such as pencils or stickers to share with other students. The primary reason for this is to comply with our district’s wellness policy on making healthy choices as required by Section 204 of the Child, Nutrition and WIC Re-authorization Act of 2004. It also addresses concerns about students affected by food allergies, childhood obesity and economic disparities.

Untitled Document

Copyright and Privacy information

© Copyright Rosemount - Apple Valley - Eagan Public Schools, 3455 153rd St. W., Rosemount, MN 55068 • 651-423-7700
All Rights Reserved • Copyright Notice | Privacy Statement | Nondiscrimination and Vocational Opportunities Notification

Copyright and Privacy Information